Going through a Montgomery County divorce as a member of the United States military is a stressful process. There are tough decisions to make regarding your former spouse, children, housing, finances, and future. Just as joining the military has a drastic impact on your lifestyle and life choices, so does the end of a marriage. That is why many members of the armed forces choose to hire a Montgomery County Military Divorce Lawyer to assist with divorce proceedings.
If you are looking for a military divorce lawyer, look no further than Suber, Asher, Suber & Moushon, PLLC. Our experience with military and soldier divorce is unmatched in Montgomery County and respected across Tennessee. We help you through all aspects of divorce proceedings, including those issues that are unique to a current or former member of the military.
Why Do You Need a Montgomery County Military Divorce Lawyer?
Very few divorces are simple or straightforward. For many couples, in particular, military couples, there are unexpected issues and unforeseen sources of debate. This is why the average divorce takes between three and six months from the time a couple files with a court in Montgomery County, Nashville, Clarksville, or elsewhere. Both the length of time for a divorce and the outcome are vastly improved when you work with a divorce lawyer.
A soldier divorce or military divorce has additional complications and unique issues that don’t arise for other couples. A military family faces complexities with residency, living arrangements, custody, and more. A Montgomery County military divorce lawyer can assist with all of these additional considerations, including:
- Alimony and support from a military salary;
- Potential for future deployment or moving military bases;
- Questions of residency for deployed or recently relocated military personnel;
- Military requirements for child support payments;
- Custody arrangements when one spouse lives on a military base;
- Division of marital property from a military base or when deployed; and
- Visitation on military bases and visitation rights before deployments.
Whether you are an active member of the military or the spouse of a member of the military, it is a huge asset to hire a lawyer that is familiar with these unique issues and questions.
Do You Need a Local Lawyer for Your Military Divorce?
Many members of the United States military call Tennessee home. Military from all branches of the armed forces come from Tennessee and people from across the United States are stationed in Montgomery County and the state. Whether you claim residency in Tennessee but live elsewhere on a military base, or have come to know Montgomery County as your home, hiring a local lawyer has benefits during your military divorce.
A local Suber, Asher, Suber & Moushon, PLLC lawyer makes certain:
- Your divorce filing and future court documents are accurate in Montgomery County;
- You are compliant with all timing requirements in the State of Tennessee;
- The appropriate laws and formulas are applied for alimony and spousal support;
- Child custody and visitation requirements are in-line with state standards;
- There are several in-person meetings with your divorce lawyer; and
- Your questions are always addressed by phone, email or in a conference.
As you go through the process of a Montgomery County divorce, these aspects of local counsel become particularly helpful.
Find a Top Military Divorce Lawyer
When hiring a lawyer with specific experience in military divorce, you shouldn’t need to compromise the quality or skills of your legal counsel. This is where Suber, Asher, Suber & Moushon, PLLC steps in. Our team of divorce lawyers isn’t just familiar with the special circumstances of a military divorce – we are among the top divorce lawyers in Montgomery County.
Here, you don’t have to compromise the quality of your divorce lawyer to find a knowledgeable military divorce lawyer.